2009-03-22

The AIG Uproar

AIG has been on every media this last week. The 100+ million dollar bonuses for the very AIG executives got the whole country boiled over.

Some people argue that the bonuses are written in contract and a contract is a contract. I can swallow that.

But don't bleeping tell me that they earned it. That is not only outrageous, that is insulting.

Some argue that Wall Street needs those talents to unwind the tangled mess that the whole economy is in. But let's be honest with ourselves: Those are the talents that got us all into this big pile of doodoo. Why do we have to have them around? I just can't believe that those are the only talents alive that can understand what they have created.

If those Wall Street talents don't want to work there anymore, I don't think I would care less.

No comments: